Find all running processes of a program
Find the pids of all instances/processes of a given program running on your system
Open a terminal and enter
ps ax | grep "firefox" …replacing ‘firefox’ with the name of the program you are looking for.
The columns in the output are as follows: (1) pid ‘process id’ (2) tty (3) process state - see
man ps(4) process runtime (5) process command.
- Bash Command Substitution
- Set CDPATH to ease folder navigation
- Customize directory colors
- Collaborate in the shell with screen (multiuser)
- Show Warning in Prompt when Shell Loses Directory
Get my latest Python projects, tips & tutorials direct to your Inbox.